Your lawn and garden should represent you and your lifestyle. If you put in the time and effort to organize your area and look after it, you and your family will be more inclined to spend time outside and make more use of the space. You don’t need to be a gardening guru, lawn care professional or landscape gardener, or even spend endless amounts of money on your lawn and garden, but a little bit of planning and commitment to the cause can go a long way.
Having a healthy topsoil base for your lawn is a great foundation when setting out,however don’t be alarmed if you are not in this position as most beginners aren’t. Even if you do have a healthy topsoil base there is still a lot of work to be done to get your lawn looking better. However, by following our quick and easy steps, you’ll be well on your way to having the perfect lawn and garden to enjoy at home. See our tips below:
- You may be asking yourself when the best time to mow the lawn is.Well the ideal time for lawn mowing in Sydney is in dry weather and low temperatures, just after the morning dew has evaporated off the blades of grass. This may require an early start, but it’s well worth it. Just make sure you don’t fire up the lawn mower before the legal time, as nobody likes being woken up by a loud mower.
- For garden privacy from your neighbors look no further than hedges. Not only will the bushes and shrubs provide a beautifully formed boundary divider but they are quick and easy to trim. They will also compliment the chosen flora and help attract fauna to your garden.
- Planting a range of plants like hyacinths, tulips and snowdrops near entrances adds vibrant colors to your garden along with a light flowery aroma, which can really help bring your garden to life.
- Adding non-garden objects such as lighting in the form of lampposts or a bench or cushions for relaxing, can also help add to the space and make it easier to engage with the blossoming plants and wildlife. These items can also help add a bit of pizzazz to the property when hosting guests for a party or putting your property up for sale.
- Monitoring the weeds in your lawn should not be overlooked. You can stay on top of this by mowing regularly throughout the spring season to stop the spread of unwanted weeds harming the grass. To do so spray the appropriate weed control and mow using the highest cutting setting as spring heads into summer.
If you follow these five simple steps, you’ll be well on your way to having a lovely lawn and garden, where you and your family can sit among-st the flowers and wildlife and be at one with nature, all within our own backyard! It doesn’t get much better than that does it.